Wednesday 12 November 2008

Little hats hit the shelves



INDEED they have. As mentioned in a previous post I decided to knit as many little woolen hats as I could, which would be added to the tops of Innocent Smoothies and the sales would benefit Age Concern.
 Ignoring the question of why don't I just knit bigger hats to keep old people warm directly, I made as many as I could and proudly sent off 35 hats in assorted colours and yarns. 
 Feeling saintly following a trip to the post office to send off the little hats, I opened the local paper and read a story about a local group who had also knitted for the same cause. 
 My smugness at taking time out of my hectic schedule for charity was shortlived and dismay took over as I read about one member of the group, a 70-year-old, who had knitted over 300 hats. 
 Three hundred. I couldn't even fill a shoebox with my contribution, this woman probably couldn't carry all of her hats to the post office without dropping a trail of them behind her like a geriatric Hansel and Gretel.  
 Oh the shame, beaten by a little old lady. 
 Anyway should you find yourself at a Sainsburys, feel free to give a hat a home and help to keep the elderly warm, even if they do kick my arse at knitting. 
 
 

No comments: